Established in 1923, West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. has become a global leader in innovative solutions for injectable drug administration. Each and every day, West manufactures more than 112 million products that are used to help improve health care for millions of people around the world.
Join our team of 7,500 employees in 16 countries to help us write the next chapter of our success story. We are constantly looking for new talents and people who won’t settle for second best. Thinkers. Doers. Enthusiasts. As an employee, you will experience a collaborative and dynamic global working environment, where your development is our priority.
West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products. Working by the side of its customers from concept to patient, West creates products that promote the efficiency, reliability and safety of the world's pharmaceutical drug supply. West is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, and supports its customers from locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. West's 2020 sales of $2.14 billion reflect the daily use of approximately 112 million of its components and devices which are designed to improve the delivery of healthcare to patients around the world.
Make a difference as (Sr.) Engineer (m/f/d) Global Equipment Projects.
Location: Kiefernweg Campus, Eschweiler, or all other sites in EU
Recruiter: Martina Erens
Contract details: permanent, full-time
Start date: as soon as possible
Travel requirements: up to 25%
The Manufacturing Engineering team has an essential role within West's Global Engineering team to support the company's growth by providing state-of-the-art production equipment and continuous improvements of the existing equipment to secure West's technical leadership role in the market. As a part of this team, you will drive our standardization, improvement and implement equipment projects for various rubber processes in our global production facilities. You will work closely with other engineering functions – facility engineering, process engineering, procurement, and quality groups.
- Become the global project driver (m/f/d) within the Subject Matter Expert (SME) Engineering group for rubber processes equipment
- Working with Process Engineering analyze and evaluate existing systems and processes, identifying value-added and non-value-added activities to identify required design challenges
- Keep up to date on new and future equipment standards and trends in the market and identify value-added improvement which may be beneficial
- Work independently and with vendors to understand root cause of failures, propose design or component changes, and implement and validate equipment modifications
- Take the lead in systematic problem-solving activities where the manufacturing plants need support
- Be the point of contact for all projects within our global equipment engineering group by assigning tasks, with clear communication of tasks, actions and monitoring
- As the person responsible for defined manufacturing equipment in our global organization, your task is to set standards based on industry best practices to achieve corporate goals for quality, overall efficiency, cost reduction and safety
- Research and analyze data such as vendor design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of designs or applications
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in natural sciences or Engineering – Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical is preferred
- At least of 2 years of experience (preferably 5 years) plus in managing engineering projects including specification, procurement, installation, and qualification
- Working experience with Microsoft Office products, PowerBI, SolidWorks and/or other CAD systems
- Support and contribute in Lean Sigma programs and activities towards delivery of the set target
- Strong engineering and troubleshooting skills with outstanding organizational skills and project management experience
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Internationality – As an American company, we live a global cooperation within international structures
- Philanthropy – We value an appreciative and friendly work environment as well as flat hierarchies
- Market-appropriate remuneration – We offer an attractive, market-oriented remuneration, including company social benefits and purchasing benefits
- Social engagement – We support local aid organizations through various actions organized by our employees
- Diversity – We at West value the wide range of our employees who make up our company
- Safety – Occupational safety is our highest priority; we offer secure jobs in a sustainable industry
- Development opportunities – Our employees benefit from an extensive range of trainings as well as from a constant and targeted employee development
- Family-friendly culture – We attach great importance to reconciling private life and work; flexible working hours are a matter of course for us